- About Us
- Our Animals
- In the Media
- Solar Cooking & Sun Ovens
- Thank You's & Links
- Farmer's Markets
- HelpX / Wwoof
- Honeycomb Kids Book
- Environmental Sustainability
- Farmstay & Agritourism Consulting
- Gardens & Native Bee Sanctuary
- Contact Us
Bamboo Toothbrushes - Child Soft Bristle - Pack of 12
An environmentally-friendly and bio-degradeable toothbrush for kids with a soft bristle.
Pack of 12
- The handle is made of MOS bamboo, an environmentally sustainable timber. Bamboo is technically considered a member of the grass family. It is the fastest growing plant on earth, and incredibly abundant. Our bamboo is cultivated for between three to five years, and then harvested. It re-generates itself naturally, with minimal rain and without the need for harmful pesticides. In fact, by harvesting and using the bamboo, we help to control unwanted spread into agricultural and natural forest areas. Our bamboo is grown by many local farmers (NOT PLANTATION).
- The bamboo is heat treated to carbonise the surface of the bamboo, giving it a quality finish and good service life. The carbonisation finishing process provides water resistance and prevents the growth of microbes (bacteria and moulds) during normal use.
- The bristles are made from a polymer resistant to microbial growth during normal use, to ensure safety and durability.
- We recommend you rinse and dry your toothbrush after use to keep it clean.
Disposing of Your Toothbrush
- For best results, most dentist's recommend you replace your toothbrush either monthly or at least every quarter some even say use it until it stops.
- To answer the main question, HOW LONG DOES IT LAST? - We test drove a toothbrush for over 8 months so yes they last (not that we suggest you do that).
- The Environmental Toothbrush can be disposed of safely by returning it to earth in compost or landfill. Both the bamboo and bristles will biodegrade into soil, without pollution.